MPI is amending the Import Health Standard: Grain and seeds for consumption, feed or processing. The import health standard dated 12 November 2021 replaces the earlier version of the standard dated 21 June 2021.
The amendment is to remove the import requirements from GCFP.IHS for the below organisms:
1. Artichoke yellow ringspot virus on Phaseolus spp.;
2. Clover yellow mosaic virus on Pisum spp. and Vicia spp.;
3. Pea enation mosaic virus on Pisum spp. and Vicia spp.;
4. Peanut stunt virus on Phaseolus spp. and Vicia spp.;
5. Red clover vein mosaic virus on Vicia spp.;
6. Sunflower ringspot virus on Helianthus spp.
Consultation is not required for this amendment. This is because consultations were conducted when removing these organisms from the seeds for sowing import health standard (the highest-risk pathway for the import of seeds) and no concerns were raised during the consultation period.
This amendment does not suggest any additional import requirements to the import health standard. It only removes unjustified and inaccurate requirements for specified organisms to facilitate trade.