Regulation (EU) 2019/1793 lays down rules concerning the temporary increase of official controls upon entry into the Union on certain food and feed of non-animal origin from certain third countries (in Annex I); special import conditions for certain food and feed from certain third countries due to the contamination risk by mycotoxins, including aflatoxins, pesticide residues, pentachlorophenol and dioxins and microbiological contamination (in Annex II - increased official border controls and official certificate accompanied by the results of sampling and analysis in the third country).
This Implementing Regulation amends Annexes I and II to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1793 by introducing the following changes:
- Transfer from Anne I to Annex II of black pepper from Brazil, aubergines, peppers other than sweet and yardlong beans from Dominican Republic and mandarins and oranges from Turkey;
- Transfer from Annex II to Annex I of groundnuts and products produced from ground nuts from Argentina and hazelnuts and products produced from hazelnuts from Azerbaijan;
Deletion from Annex I of hazelnuts and products produced from hazelnuts Turkey;
- Decrease in the frequency of identity and physical checks laid down in Annex I for sweet peppers from China;
- Increase in the frequency of identity and physical checks laid down in Annex II for peppers of the genus capsicum from India and pitahaya from Viet Nam;
- Amending to the entry for the countries listed in Annex I and Annex II concerning groundnuts with adding groundnuts paste; Inclusion in Annex I Galia melons from Honduras, drumsticks (moringa oleifera) from India, rice from India and Pakistan, gotukola and mukunuwenna from Sri Lanka, and grapefruits, cumin seeds and dried oregano from Turkey;
- Inclusion in Annex I locust beans (carob), mucilages and thickeners, whether or not modified, derived from locust beans and locust bean seeds from Morocco, tomato ketchup and other tomato sauces from Mexico and pepper of genus Capsicum (other than sweet) from Uganda;
- Inclusion in Annex II xantan gum from China; locust beans (including mucilages and thickeners derived from locust beans), Guar gum, several spices, Calcium carbonate and food supplements containing botanicals from India, food supplements containing botanicals and instant noodles from South Korea, locust beans (including mucilages and thickeners derived from locust beans) from Malaysia and Turkey and instant noodles from Viet Nam;
- Deleted requirement for laboratory checks for possible contamination with pesticides for Sesamum seeds from India. In addition, this Implementing Regulation amends Article 14 of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1793, in particular the transitional period.